Jon Hazlett from Anglers Rendezvous visited us at the shop with the new Sage R8 rods. We spent the morning casting them and picking Jon’s brain, learning what makes this rod different from the Sage X and other graphite rods on the market.
SAGE R8 Core Rods range in lengths from 8’6″ through 10’0″ with weights from 3 to 9.
Give us a call at (541) 342-7005 for any questions about the R8.
R8 CORE is focused on maximum versatility and applies new revolutionary material technology through our forward-thinking lens of what we’re seeing
out on the water, where one rod needs to show even greater range. At its core,
R8 CORE traces a direct lineage to Sage’s multi-application vision, one shaped by the fishing evolutions happening all around us—from habitats we stalk and waters we frequent, to the flies we fish and the diversity of species we now target.
• Effortless Energy Transfer and More Connected Feel • Maximized Versatility & Control
• Made to Fish, Not Just Cast
– Revolution 8 Technology
– Silver Pine blank color
– Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
– Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top – Black rod bag with new cord lock for quicker, easier, and cleaner storage – Aluminium rod tube with Sage medallion
3wt – 6wt
– Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat – Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle
5wt – 9wt
– Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat
– Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt